[TeXmacs] cadre : little summary

  • From: "El.douwen" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] cadre : little summary
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:06:43 +0200

i precise that all my tries are made with "centered bloc" (bloc centré)

Philippe's answer 1:
You write a text, you select it, you create a "bloc"
then you have an "encadré"
Comment:
it works well for a simple texte.
i mean, if there is a manuel line break in the selection (the user has pressed return), then the selection has no effect, an empty bloc is created
also, if there is a natural line break in the selection (too long for one line), then the selection is put on a single line to fit in the bloc, and so it gets over the width of the page.

=============================

Philippe's answer 2:
in french
cellule>propriétés spéciales>césure
Comment:
- i notice that it is still true that: "if i type too much, there is no automatic return to the line"
- but now if i type "return" thats does not create a new case in the table, that creates a line break in the bloc: good.

===============================

S. Edward's answer:
There are a few properties of a table you can change.
(1) Cell->Special Properties->Block Content->Always
 Return will then start a new line in the current cell.
(2) Table->Width->Exact
 Enter something like: 25em
 (3) Cell->Special Properties->Hyphenation->Top
   This will wrap the text within the fixed sized table.
I still don't understand _exactly_ how these work, but this may give you the results you are after.
---------------------------------------
Comment:
(1) is very fine. Thought i dont understand the words (never what ? always what ?) i notice that it works well. And, better, the line breaks are not so high that with Philippe's methode. BUT the natural line break does not work.
(2) i can not manage. Even with "largeur>paragraphe". even with "largeur maximale". I dont understand why.
(3) je pense que ça correspond au french "césure". Already tried (Philippe's answer 2)

===================

Conclusion: Thank you every one.
i dont find very easy nor intuitive this problme of "encadrés"
I think something very light would be fine in order to convince neophyts to use texmacs. People do want they want, but a lot of math teacher would appreciate texmacs, thougt it must be ergonomic since the first use.

The answer to this problematic is maybe in Joris' answer

======================

Joris' answer
When selecting the 'tmdoc-markup' package, you have an environment
'framed-fragment', which is probably what you want (more or less).
You can look at the definition in the style file, if you want to
personalize it.
Another interesting environment is 'ornament'.
There are various style parameters for customizing it.
See the 'presentation' package for examples.
Comment: i feel that the answer must be there, but i even dont know how to "select a package".

Vincent