Re: [TeXmacs] Does TeXmacs support the Greek Language?

  • From: "E.A.Neonakis" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Does TeXmacs support the Greek Language?
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 18:34:15 +0200

I have download the sources and tried to compile in Knoppix 6.3.4, which is debian based,  with Guile 1.8.7.
But the compilation aborts with a plethora of errors in glue.cpp, glue_basic.cpp, glue_editor.cpp, glue_server.cpp. The diagnostic is:
error: '.........' was not declared in this scope
Please if you have any idea what is going wrong tell.
And if you think that Greek support is a hopeless undertaking please say so.
Thank You,
E.A.Neonakis

E.A.Neonakis wrote:
I am trying to write a document in Greek with  TeXmacs without success.
I am using the latest knoppix which includes version 1.0.7.4. . The distribution includes an english-greek.scm file, but the Greek language does no show in any of the Language Menus.
I will be thankful for your help. I have experience in C and volunteer to take part in an effort to include Greek Language support.
Thank you,
E.A.Neonakis
PS: The english-greek.scm file is not properly displayed when loaded to texmacs (greek letters show as <#F7974>) and there is no cork encoding in Converters