Re: [TeXmacs] session maxima; session tableur ?

  • From: "El.Douwen" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] session maxima; session tableur ?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 09:35:55 +0200

hi
sorry for the french

1. Does command-line maxima work normally? Is it in the PATH?
i am so sorry, so beginner, i dont understand the question. The Path ? the command line maxima ?
i open texmacs, and i select "insert, session, maxima" and then it writes "en cours" (i translate "running")

in the menu "insert,session" i have 5 choices
giac maxima python shell scheme
i dont know the languages of the 4 others but they seem to work properly, for example if i write 2+2 in giac or python it gives 4
only maxima seems to be bloqued, or thats the one i need

2. What does

maxima --list-avail
produce? For example, on my Linux box it produces

grozin@elrond ~ $ maxima --list-avail
Available versions:
version 5.24.0, lisp cmucl
version 5.24.0, lisp ecl
version 5.24.0, lisp clisp
version 5.24.0, lisp gcl
version 5.24.0, lisp sbcl
version 5.24.0, lisp openmcl
grozin@elrond ~ $

i presume i must type this in the mac os X terminal
i obtain
-bash: maxima: command not found

if i type
MacBook-de-Elo-Douwen:~ elodouwen$ python --list-avail
i then obtain
Unknown option: --
usage: python [option] ... [-c cmd | -m mod | file | -] [arg] ...
Try `python -h' for more information.

3. What does the script maxima_detect write? On my box

grozin@elrond ~ $ /usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/maxima_detect
(
"5.24.0 cmucl"
"5.24.0 ecl"
"5.24.0 clisp"
"5.24.0 gcl"
"5.24.0 sbcl"
"5.24.0 openmcl"
)
grozin@elrond ~ $

i type "maxima_detect" in the terminal it does not seem to be the right place to write this...

Andrey
thanks !

Sacha

ps the second question was alos in french, i translate it :
"does it existe a means to have a simple spreadsheet inside a texmacs document, with 4 operations, and copy/paste of the contents of cells" ?