Re: [TeXmacs] session maxima; session tableur ?

  • From: Bernard Parisse <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] session maxima; session tableur ?
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 17:43:17 +0200

> - for spreadsheet, i followed your advice and selected "insert>session
> giac" then it seems to work, but if i type spreadsheet("name_of_file") i
> dont know what sort of fil i must give, i suppose that no excel nor Ooo fil
> can match, so what ? how to create a simple sreadsheet with 6x4 cells for
> example... Where to find a help on this topic ?
> in the same way, how can i find a manual fin order to know how the function
> geo2d works ?

Just type any filename you wish to save your spreadsheet.
If it does not exist it will be created, if it exists it will be loaded.
I usually use .tab as extension, e.g. "tableur.tab".
Do not use an existing OO or Excel file, it won't work. But you can copy/paste
from OO, and also import CSV file once the spreadsheet is opened
in a new windows.
The same applies for geo2d and 3d (no import/export here).
The documentation of Xcas applies for what you can do in
the spreadsheet or interactive geometry.