Re: [TeXmacs] session maxima; session tableur ?

  • From: Bernard Parisse <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] session maxima; session tableur ?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:46:16 +0200

> i suppose that you call "package" an installator for the application
> giac/xcas
> i have downloaded this installator and installed giac/xcas at the place of
> my current one

package meant a debian package.

> always the same problem, althought it is said on your website, that :
> Les versions Linux, Mac et Windows de Xcas contiennent une version texte
> giac, utilisable directement ou dans une session texmacs (qu'on peut tester
> sans installer avec livetexmacs),
> i translate :
> the linux, mac, window versions of xcas have a giac version that can run
> under texmacs or livetexmacs

Well, giac can be run under texmacs on OS X and Windows, but on OS X it can
not open a window by itself, therefore you can not open a spreadsheet
or a geometry session with giac under texmacs (but of course you can
with xcas for OS X).

> 2) your link to livetexmacs does not work; i found nothing on internet;
> does it exist a livetexmacs running from an usb key on any computer with
> any system ?

fixed (they have changed version).

> 3) i find very nice to have a ready-to-use .dmg installator of texmacs; do
> the programmers have the project to create one day a .dmg ready-to-use
> installator of texmacs/giac/maxima/professor ?

I don't have a Mac currently, therefore the dmg package for Xcas is 1 year
old.
I can not help you on that.