Re: [TeXmacs] Times and Ugly Type 3 fonts

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Times and Ugly Type 3 fonts
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 06:22:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Aleksandr Dobkin wrote:

Hi,

I was able to replicate your issue in a recent version of TeXmacs and
resolved the issue. Newer versions of TeXmacs do not seem to support
balloons in file menus so I replaced the balloons with plain text.

Please checkout the new version from

https://gitorious.org/texmacs-better-fonts/texmacs-better-fonts-pfb

In a separate issue, when I print a TeXmacs document some of the
letters are not positioned correctly but are jagged like on a bad
typewriter. But this is happening with the default Computer Modern.
Not sure what the issue is.

This is exactly what appears in most PDF readers when you get embedded Type 3 fonts instead of embedded Type 1 fonts. If you bring up the menu for the PDF document properties in your PDF reader, you can verify that the fonts listed are Type 3 fonts instead of Type 1 fonts.

--
Russell O'Connor <http://r6.ca/>