[TeXmacs] Globally setting font-family

  • From: Todd Wilson <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Globally setting font-family
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 15:56:31 -0800

Hi,

I am coming back to texmacs after at least three years of not using it,
so I feel like a beginner again. I'm using 1.0.7.10 on Ubuntu. I
created a new document, set the style to Article (there is an "Article"
button on the lowest toolbar, but no bullet next to "article" in the
Document -> Style menu -- is that right?). Everything I type into the
document is in a typewriter font. I go to Format -> Variant and reset
it from Typewriter to Roman, but then, whenever a new section is
started, it reverts to Typewriter. I go to Document -> Font -> Text
font and Roman is selected (along with a bullet next to Default -- does
that mean that the default is Roman?). If I look at the contents of the
.tm file, I see near the bottom an environment variable

<associate|font-family|tt>

which seems to explain the problem, but I can't find a way in the
interface to set this. How did it get this way in the first place, and
what can I do about it? Thanks,

--
Todd Wilson A smile is not an individual
Computer Science Department product; it is a co-product.