Re: [TeXmacs] Behaviour of copy/paste

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Behaviour of copy/paste
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:25:34 +0100

Hi Francois,

> I just pushed on the svn trunk a commit affecting the behavior of
> the 'default" copy/paste. Until now, it was merged with the "to/from
> texmacs" copy/paste behaviour.

I found the new mechanism very convenient for starting a new proposal,
for which I had to copy and paste between Open Office and TeXmacs.
In that case, Open Office provides us with Html.

However, there were several minor but annoying problems (under MacOS):

* I systematically get irrelevant low level comments before and
after the actual copied and pasted text. E.g., something like

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000002299
StartFragment:0000000457 EndFragment:0000002283

* In particular, it is impossible to copy very simple ASCII text,
such as a single word, the title string of a section without markup,
or an email address. I always obtain a lot of cruft along with
the actual string, as well as formatting details.

* Certain French characters are handled incorrectly.
For instance, the à is turned into an A with a breve accent.

Apart from these things, the new feature is great.
Copy and paste from a browser is awesome.
I would like to understand better how it works.

Best wishes, --Joris