Re: [TeXmacs] Sympy plugin

  • From: Bill Eaton <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Sympy plugin
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 21:45:38 -0700

I have a partial answer to my question.

It turns out that the downloaded files from the Sympy Github repository work fine. Or mostly fine. I made a mistake and ended up saving an html file instead of a Scheme file.

tm_sympy --> /usr/share/texmacs/TeXmacs/plugins/sympy/progs/

init-sympy.scm --> /usr/lib/texmacs/TeXmacs/bin

I had to change the permissions on tm_sympy to make it look like other files in that directory.

Now I get a Sympy menu entry under Sessions. And I can launch a session. The only problem is that result formatting is gibberish and I can't seem to figure out how to turn on LaTeX formatting.