RE: [TeXmacs] Sympy plugin

  • From: "Bill Eaton" <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: RE: [TeXmacs] Sympy plugin
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 13:06:43 -0700

@David, thank you for all of your suggestions regarding Maxima et al. I have
looked at them all and am still weighing all of the options. wxMaxima could
end up being a good solution (even if the output isn't as pretty). Maxima
and SimPy are the two top contenders and they both have their merits. I also
use Octave quite a bit for other things.

I am really interested in your tricks for EPS figures, especially if they
can be used for inline plots. Others on this list might be interested, too.
I have been unable to find much useful information on inline plots in
TexMacs, except that it used to be possible with Octave 2.x. I have found it
very tedious to try to generate plots as files and then insert them into
TexMacs. Quite often, I want to tweak a plot or quickly replot and see the
result immediately.

@Paul, thanks for your example files. Those are pretty slick. You have more
patience than I do to generate the graphs separately and integrate them into
the document.

--Bill