Re: [TeXmacs] When the next release?

  • From: Nicola Mingotti <address@hidden>
  • To: Victor Porton <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] When the next release?
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 14:32:29 +0100

Dear Victor,

I used Lyx to write my Master Thesis 3 years ago, it works
well in general but export to LaTeX was a ugly mess.

I've used LaTeX for a long-long time, it is the most powerfull
choice, but it is also the most boring tool in the world.
It is the happyness killer, it wipes out the enthusiasm of writing.

It is a couple of months i'm using TeXmacs and, in general,
to me it seems  Wunderbar! Indeed, i'm writing my Phd thesis
with it, trasporting old parts in LaTeX to TeXMacs.
... I hope it will go fine, because writing in TeXmacs
is another world respect to LaTeX and a better experience
respect to Lyx.

Said that, if you are going to make a profit out of your book,
you could consider investing a few hundred bucks to
pay someone to patch the code to fit your peculiar needs.
... not me, I have not time, nor the knowledge of TexMacs
to do it.

bye
Nicola