Re: [TeXmacs] Install linux version under windows linux bash

  • From: Karl Hegbloom <address@hidden>
  • To: Javier Arántegui <address@hidden>, PDS <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Install linux version under windows linux bash
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 17:25:58 +0000

I have a github mirror / clone of the primary Subversion source repository located via texmacs.org. There I also have branches that build deb packages, and there are binary snapshot "releases" for download.  Please use the issue tracker there for any crashes,  etc. so that I can triage them and attempt to fix them, then forward upstream what is outside of my abilities or time constraints. TIA.

    https://github.com/KarlHegbloom/zotero-texmacs-integration
    https://github.com/KarlHegbloom/propachi-texmacs/releases
    https://github.com/KarlHegbloom/texmacs/releases

address@hidden
http://karlhegbloom.blogspot.com

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016, 07:44 Javier Arántegui <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

> El 16 oct 2016, a las 22:46, PDS <address@hidden> escribió:
> a) on how to install last version 1.99.5 on ubuntu

This is what I would do, I haven’t tried it but it should work (I think):

1. Download the generic rpm package: http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/rpm.en.html

2. Using ‘alien’ convert the rpm package in a deb package that Ubuntu understands. Here is how: https://wiki.debian.org/Alien

3. Install the deb package: http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/159094/how-to-install-a-deb-file-by-dpkg-i-or-by-apt

Maybe there is a better / faster / easier way, but…

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
http://www.tecal.udl.es

Avís legal / Aviso legal / Avertiment legal / Legal notice:
http://www.imatge.udl.cat/avis_legal_lopd.html