Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs CAS Integration

  • From: "Marcus L. Thompson" <address@hidden>
  • To: Bill Page <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs CAS Integration
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 20:04:21 -0400

Thank you, Bill, for the input.  I will tuck this away for quick reference!

As it turns out, I had been using the "simplify" command (as one would with MathCad and SMath) to execute the division operations on Maxima.

So, with a quick tip from another member of the community,

divide(x^5 +3*x^4 -12*x^3 +0*x^2 +0*x +2,x^2 -3*x -1);

all now runs as expected; and returns the remainder as well.

FWIW, the "divide" command is not listed on the dropdown for Maxima in TexMacs; which is why I hadn't used it before (I assumed what went for MathCad went for most else).  Oh well...

I now wonder, is there a away of providing a fuller command set for Maxima in the TexMacs dropdown UI?

Thank you again.