Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs CAS Integration

  • From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • To: "Marcus L. Thompson" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Bill Page <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs CAS Integration
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 14:31:10 +0700 (+07)

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017, Marcus L. Thompson wrote:
FWIW, the "divide" command is not listed on the dropdown for Maxima in
TexMacs; which is why I hadn't used it before (I assumed what went for MathCad went for
most else).
The full set of maxima built-in functions is huge; also, there are additional packages you can load and get more functions. A GUI cannot substitute for reading the maxima manual.

That said, it is trivial to add a few additional items to the drop-down menu in the TeXmacs-maxima interface. You can easily do it yourself. Just have a look at how it's done for an existing small subset of functions, and do the same for your personal favorites.

Andrey