Re: [TeXmacs] How can I use Guile 2.0 ?

  • From: "Philippe Joyez" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How can I use Guile 2.0 ?
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 17:32:24 +0200

>do we have to fear some difficulties to use texmacs in linux distributions
based on debian, such as ubuntu and many others ? Or do the packages you build
will be usable on the next ubuntu and debian versions ?

No fear: the goal is definitely to have TeXmacs available and easily
installable in all distributions. This means providing Guile-1.8 along with
texmacs where necessary (until texmacs can be made to run with Guile 2.x). The
packages presently available at opensuse are not yet satisfactory in that
respect.

Philippe