[TeXmacs] How can I use Guile 2.0 ?

  • From: Hui Li <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] How can I use Guile 2.0 ?
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 10:24:42 +0200

Hi,

I am a Debian 9 user and currently couldn't find a ready to use package of texmacs for it. The default guile for debian 9 is version 2.0, but Texmacs requires Guile 1.8 to compile.

It does say something like this about Guile 2.0:

  configure: error: TeXmacs is incompatible with Guile 2.
      If you know what you are doing, run configure with --enable-guile2

But when I followed the instructions above, it gave me the save error.

  $./configure --enable-guile2

If there a way to fix this ? If there's any plan to migrate to Guile 2 ?

Thanks,
Hui