Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs SE proposal

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs SE proposal
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 11:39:26 +0200

Am 11.04.2019 um 15:46 schrieb Massimiliano Gubinelli:
Dear all,  I follow closely the evolution of our proposal for a Stack Exchange site at:
https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/121978/texmacs?referrer=kx6OG2kzsntvCBnp7y8WZQ2
We have currently 42 followers which should mean ~200 votes, but only 3 of the proposed questions (among 26) have reached 10 votes.
It is important for the destiny of this proposal that all the followers casts their 5 votes, so that we could meet the next requirement of at least 40 questions with more than 10 votes.

As a separate issue, looking forward:

during the so-called "commitment phase" (next phase if the TeXmacs proposal passes the current one) it will be necessary to gather at least 100 users with reputation at least equal to 200 on *another* SE section. I learnt it from the following post:

https://area51.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/21777/how-to-help-a-new-community-get-through-the-commitment-phase

and I see that it can be difficult; for example the proposal for the "Graphing Calculator 3D",
https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/120787/graphing-calculator-3d
has 244 committed users but still not the 100 required with 200 reputation.

The work that one has to do to get to 200 reputation can be unwelcome. If one wants to see (and profit from) the TeXmacs SE section, one may consider putting that work in; another thing that can help from this point of view is to advertise for the proposal in forums (as there the advertisement might be seen by people who already have the required SE reputation) - for the advertisements in forums, I think it is better to do it within the netiquette, and in forums where one is already a registered user, that is, it is only sometimes a good idea to register only to advertise the proposal for the TeXmacs SE section.