[TeXmacs] Capital letters with diacritics in titles

  • From: Tirifto <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Capital letters with diacritics in titles
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:10:43 +0200

Hello all!

I have encountered a bug which I have reported [1] a while back, but
it's still around in the newer versions, so I wanted to ask if perhaps
someone has encountered it and found a workaround (for the mean time).

The issue is that when a style (e.g. generic, tmbook…) is setting text
in small capitals (e.g. for the author's name under the title in said
styles), certain letters will be set wrong (it looks like they're
ordinary letters rather than small capitals).

I have only encountered this with some letters with diactritics, such
as ‘ĉ, ĝ, ĥ, ĵ, ŝ, ŭ’, all of which have been saved as ‘\<#CODE\>’ in
the .tm file. This can make creation of nice-looking documents in some
languages (e.g. Esperanto) more difficult.

Is there perhaps some way to force the style of small capitals
before/after the letters get messed up? Any help is appreciated!

Best of wishes
// Tirifto

1. https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53965