[TeXmacs] Stack Exchange proposal

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Stack Exchange proposal
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 19:48:55 +0200

Dear all,
out stack exchange proposal

https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/121978/texmacs

is not very active and not reaching the goal for this first part of the
admissibility process. We still need 28 questions with more than 10 points.

We (and here I mean also the main developers) think that it would be
important for the community and its visibility if we manage to have a forum
on Stack Exchange. I think does not take much time to give its own
contribution and would be a way to witness the extent of the active TeXmacs
user community.

Please, try to cast all your available votes if you already subscribed to
the proposal and if you still haven’t done so, please do it. It would be a
nice help and somewhat will encourage the developers.

If you have comments or critics about the opportunity to have TeXmacs present
on Stack Exchange, I think it will be also useful to discuss here.

If our effort does not work we will have anyway some plan to have our own
forum, an initial version is available at

http://forum.texmacs.cn

(thanks to Darcy Shen)

Best regards,
Massimiliano Gubinelli

(in behalf of the developers of GNU TeXmacs)