Re: [TeXmacs] A set of Scheme functions and TeXmacs macros for formatting references

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] A set of Scheme functions and TeXmacs macros for formatting references
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 19:50:06 +0200

Am 16.06.2019 um 13:49 schrieb Frank:

Dear all,

I wonder whether we can implement references similar to that of cleveref in LaTeX. Joris discouraged this, however:

https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01359.html

It seems useful when one wants to frequently change a lemma to a theorem and so forth.

Rather than discussing advantages and disadvantages of cleveref, le me tell you what I have in mind (and that is why I wrote these few Scheme functions): what I wrote is a program written by a user (me) and I had fun writing it; if someone finds it useful, they will use it and it will be nice; if noone finds it useful, noone will use it, and it is fair. By the way from this point of view I still do not understand how to load the Scheme functions into TeXmacs automatically at the opening of the document: I can only load them through a Scheme session, and even if I do it with just one call, this is not ok for a document where only what the user writes must appear. Do you know how to do it?

> By the way, why did you implement and-list? You only used it in the procedure checkFormatStrings. You can just implement an iteration to do that.

I have forgotten :-) Maybe it was because I thought to do in that way the checks on the input (if there are three or four conditions, and-list is better than and). But if it is that, I then figured out that I can do the checks with a cond.

On the cleveref part I am going to answer you in another message.

Giovanni