Re: [TeXmacs] A set of Scheme functions and TeXmacs macros for formatting references

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] A set of Scheme functions and TeXmacs macros for formatting references
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 19:56:33 +0200

Am 16.06.2019 um 13:49 schrieb Frank:

Dear all,

I wonder whether we can implement references similar to that of cleveref in LaTeX. Joris discouraged this, however:

https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01359.html

It seems useful when one wants to frequently change a lemma to a theorem and so forth.

Seemingly we need to implement \label so that the tag (I mean, whether it is a lemma, a theorem, or a customized tag) is encoded so that it could be inquired where \ref is called. If TeXmacs supports dynamic scoping, maybe this would be easier (render-theorem exposes the name to the body, this seems difficult for lexical scoping without changing the interface of body).

For writing code on a "cleveref" implementation for the moment I pass.

I am curious about two things though:

- the counters must know which environment they are in, because the counters have to be advanced correctly. The same information that goes into the counters could go into the labels.

- could you please give me a link to something to read about the difference between dynamic scopig and lexical scoping?

Thanks in advance -

Giovanni