Re: [TeXmacs] A set of Scheme functions and TeXmacs macros for formatting references

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] A set of Scheme functions and TeXmacs macros for formatting references
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 20:03:16 +0200

Am 17.06.2019 um 19:50 schrieb Giovanni Piredda:

Am 16.06.2019 um 13:49 schrieb Frank:

Dear all,

I wonder whether we can implement references similar to that of cleveref in LaTeX. Joris discouraged this, however:

https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01359.html

It seems useful when one wants to frequently change a lemma to a theorem and so forth.

Rather than discussing advantages and disadvantages of cleveref, le me tell you what I have in mind (and that is why I wrote these few Scheme functions): what I wrote is a program written by a user (me) and I had fun writing it; if someone finds it useful, they will use it and it will be nice; if noone finds it useful, noone will use it, and it is fair. By the way from this point of view I still do not understand how to load the Scheme functions into TeXmacs automatically at the opening of the document: I can only load them through a Scheme session, and even if I do it with just one call, this is not ok for a document where only what the user writes must appear. Do you know how to do it?

And here I wanted to write more and I pressed send before I did. The exchange of style files or macros between users is in my opinion useful and should be encouraged. For example Massimiliano posted a few days ago his CV to use as a template; the right place to post it would be a public repository, where users could post their style files and macros; IMO it should be a place with as little supervision as possible, there are models of these repositories for open source projects.

TeXmacs is a comprehensive system and in itself has more functionalities than "LaTeX without packages". Still the availability of macros and style files written by users would help in my opinion.

Giovanni