Updated Scheme files for plotting functions

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Updated Scheme files for plotting functions
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 00:52:46 +0200

Dear all,

I have improved a bit the package for TeXmacs that plots functions that I placed at https://github.com/pireddag/plotFun

- It can now plot several functions in the same graph (but all in blue :-) )

- Following up on a suggestion from Max, I am evaluating the arbitrary user-provided code that the program needs to plot the functions using a "safe module". In this module a restricted set of commands is available (I learnt about that from here: https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00963.html, as far as I understand for the Guile 2/3 series there is a different method).

I do not know how safe is the program now, but I hope that it is now difficult damaging your computer by placing "the wrong code" as an argument to the function-plotting macro. I would appreciate very much comments on the safety of the program, as I know very little (almost nothing) on this topic.

I have in mind to add a series of colors with which successive functions will be plotted - if/when I do that I will post again.

Giovanni