Re: quicklook

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: quicklook
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 13:29:38 +0200

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 01:04:58PM +0200, Vincent Douce Mathoscope wrote:
> > Unfortunately, this would need quite a lot of work to make a QuickLook
> > plugin for TeXmacs documents, so I don't think that it is planned.

I confirm that this is not part of our current plans.

> > However, something that could be done is an automatic PDF export
> > alongside the .tm domment, each time the document is saved. QuickLook
> > would then show the pdf file fine.
> >
> this is something i ask for a long time ; it would be very, very, very
> convenient.....
> why not also an automatic html and tex export (which a choice in the pref
> pane for pdf, tex, html automatic export or not at each time the doc is
> saved ) : that would be also very, very convenient.....

Automatic exports may be convenient, but there are also a few drawbacks:

- Exporting may take some time (and typically far more time than raw
saving).
This may be a problem if you use to frequently save your documents.

- Automatic exports will clobber your directory, which could be annoying
if you use this option only every now and then.

An alternative solution might be the automatic conversion of
all your TeXmacs documents inside some designated directory,
on demand only, like 'Tools -> Web -> Create web site'.

Best wishes, --Joris