Re: [TeXmacs] Safe mode?

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Safe mode?
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 17:15:47 +0200

Hi Frank,

My main concern is the ability to run arbitrary binary code
just by opening a TeXmacs document. The default security settings
should make this impossible. If not, then this a bug,
and you are invited to file a bug report (preferably by
sending a priviate email in the case of such security issues).

Of course, we _do_ want to make it possible to run arbitrary code
inside a computer algebra session or from within certain scripts.
But this should always be a voluntary action of the user:
e.g. by pressing 'return' inside a session input,
or by modifying the security preferences.

Best wishes, --Joris