Re: aaa....bbb

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: aaa....bbb
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 20:19:00 +0100

On 19.01.21 20:00, Giovanni Piredda wrote:

On 19.01.21 17:23, Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:
You do not need a global table,

Moreover description lists are obtained with a complicated macro that joins items and descriptions (I checked it in the past half and hour) and I have not been able to reconstruct it completely even after reproducing Vincent's example.

The solution where each entry has its own table seems simple enough that a user can write the macro, on the other hand (for example macro with two arguments, one for the left side, one for the right side).

Here is a possibility.

<assign|d-entry|<\macro|word|translation>
  <\wide-tabular>
    <tformat|<table|<row|<\cell>
      <hspace|5mm><em|<arg|word>>.
    </cell>|<\cell>
      <arg|translation>
    </cell>>>>
  </wide-tabular>
</macro>>

I composed it by first writing it in the "usual" TeXmacs WYSIWYG mode (using the menu for setting u a table). Then I took the table and I copied it inside a macro. Max made a video some time ago, where he showed this way of composing macros, Max do you have the video address?

As a last step I added a bit of space at the beginning (an indent), I think it looks nicer in this way (similar to the "description" environment).