Re: paquetages LaTeX

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: paquetages LaTeX
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 23:32:27 +0100

Hi Vincent,

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 05:14:19PM +0100, Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:
> I'm not sure that the fact that it appears there means that it is
> recognized. Try with a fake package name, like "vinz" :)
>
> Only some latex packages have TeXmacs "doppelganger", so you should not
> expect to be able to use any package you like.
> As Giovanni says, if you need specific unicode symbols then provided the
> font you use supports them you can always add them as he suggest by
> defining a macro.
>
> Of course it would be useful to have packages of common symbols, but I do
> not know if it already exists, one would have to give a look at the
> TeXmacs/packages to see if something interesting pops out.

If you need some fancy Unicode symbol, then the simplest solution is
to use a standard font that supports the symbol and write it using that font.
If you frequently use the symbol, then you may define a macro.

But TeXmacs has native support for the overwhelming majority of useful
mathematical symbols.
Typical symbols that might be lacking are dingbat symbols, smileys, exotic
languages, etc.

Best wishes, --Joris