Re: variations table

  • From: vincent douce <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: variations table
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 22:38:49 +0200

thank you Marc

your tool would be very interesting for me indeed to have "tableaux de variation" better presented
but by me tikz sessions do not work :
i dont know why

more generally, i appreciate your proposition that could help me at the occasion but i would like to point two things :

a) first it is long to do, even worst that opening an external windows as Mathtype or M.Word do, and for me it is really not in the philosophy of TeXmacs, as i understand it reading slowly the jolly book (that i like very much) ; also, for my personal use of TeXmacs as a tool for "zoom.us" maths lessons, i need flexiility and shortcuts, something immediat, as i have started to build it with my own shortcuts using double or triple letters

b) i use TeXmacs since 15 years now, i consider it as really interesting for french High Schools, but it could maybe be considered as useful, in the aim of promoting TeXmacs, to implement natively some kind of "tableau de variations" tool. You see how i am struggling with the help of  Giovanni, to create the macro ; and even the macro is not satisfying, and even Joris' advices for arrows here on a former post of the same topic seemed to me not really to work. I think that posting of french math teacher forums an email saying "we propose you a wyswyg maths editor with LaTeX quality that makes automatically "tableaux de variations"" would receive a lot of interest. I guess maybe the dev team has surely urgent tasks to solve, but one day or one other it would be good for TeXmacs, in my opinion, to endly create this tool

Vincent