Re: localization of part/chapter numbering

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: localization of part/chapter numbering
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:13:30 +0000

This modification of the macro chapter-numbered-title, which you can put in the preamble of your document (Paste from -> TeXmacs), seems to do what you want

<assign|chapter-numbered-title|<macro|title|<chapter-title|<the-chapter>.
<chapter-text><vspace|1fn><new-line><arg|title>>>>

I am not yet convinced that the modification is all that you need to do because there might be some additional change for the table of contents and for the header. The definition of the macro chapter is

<assign|chapter|<macro|title|<assign|chapter-numbered|<compound|chapter-display-numbers>><assign|chapter-prefix|<macro|<compound|the-chapter>.>><compound|next-chapter><compound|chapter-clean><compound|chapter-header|<arg|title>><compound|chapter-toc|<arg|title>><if|<value|chapter-numbered>|<compound|chapter-numbered-title|<arg|title>>|<compound|chapter-unnumbered-title|<arg|title>>>>>

and if you notice some other things that should be changed that is the macro where I would start investigating.

This blog post shows how to use the macro editor which gives quick access to the macro definitions: https://texmacs.gitee.io/notes/docs/macro-editor.html

On the other hand the online manual https://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/manual/webman-style.en.html seemed to me outdated (searching with the macro editor I did not find the sectional-normal macro, which is cited in the manual page, in the definition of the section macro) but I read it only very quickly.

G.