Re: how to reduce number of pages

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: how to reduce number of pages
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 21:07:05 +0000

At a first look, the command you chose acts on selected text. Can you try again, selecting text first?

I have also seen an option to the same effect under Document->Font->Advanced; I haven't been able to make it work with values different from the one proposed by the form (the largest factor smaller than 1 is 0.9). On the other hand, Document->Magnification then choosing 0.98 seemed to work.

I am a bit curious. I am taking it for granted that you do not want to reduce the font point size tout-court (Lasers by A. Siegman seems to me written in font 10 and still pretty readable), but given this: a different strategy is also choosing a smaller font for just some sections or perhaps better subsections or other suitable parts (it may be hard to reduce the number of pages by 3% in this way though).

Hope this helps.

Giovanni