Re: [TeXmacs] urgent question of separate sub files for one big file urgent question

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Jack Zhang <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] urgent question of separate sub files for one big file urgent question
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:57:35 +0200

Jack Zhang wrote:

Hi Henri

What I am trying to do is to write the different chapter within each .tm file and then put them in one large book file.

It was working on my old system, but not working this time after my reinstallation of my system. I guess the problem is due to some setup conflicts.

The procedures of my installation of Texmacs under Windows OS is as follows:

1> Download cgywin and install it.
2> Download Miktex and install it.
3> Finally download Wintexmacs and install it.

If I want to reinstall Wintexmacs, firstly, I need to uninstall Wintexmacs and then delete all the setting in .Texmacs under documents and setting folder.

In my old system, Once I load the large file, all subfiles have been loaded in this large file automatically.

It is always quite difficult to diagnose bug when you start from a
large and complex example that doesn't work. What you should do is
try doing a *small*, new file with include some other simple files

Then you can look at if you can make it working. If it works with
a small file, then the simplest way is to redo the inclusions in
your large main file, exactly the same way as you did with the simple
example, and it should work. Conversely, if it doesn't work with the
simple example, then we have a clear test which allows us to conveniently
reproduce the bug.