Re: [TeXmacs] wintexmacs window at top border of screen

  • From: Bernd Hahnebach <address@hidden>
  • To: Robert Lamar <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] wintexmacs window at top border of screen
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:04:02 +0200

Hi Karl, Hi Lamar,

That's it, right click on task bar button press v (German windows. might be m in English version), afterwards the going down arrow and return. It does not work using only the mouse if the taskbar is not available. By the time just installed cygtexmacs because of plugins. Same behavior for the main window but the save as and load puffer windows are not on the top of the screen (They where the main reason because one could not red the directory path).

It could be that easy. In kde windows just press alt, left click somewhere in the window and move it.

Thanks for your help.

Have a sunny day. Right now its sunny out here.
Bernd

Robert Lamar schrieb:
Bernd,

Like Karl, I have no permanent solution for you. However, here is solution related to the one he offered: To bring up the context menu for the TeXmacs window, there are two options: right-click on the taskbar button (as he said) or press Alt+Space. Once this menu is showing, you can press x to maximise, as he suggested, or you might press m for move. This way, you can move the window with the arrow keys, and the window does not get resized. Once you have pressed an arrow key at least once, you could also start moving the window with the mouse, and click or press Enter when you are happy with its position.

The root of your problem is probably that the window position is stored in the Windows registry, but I don't have access to a computer with WinTeXmacs installed, so I cannot investigate that for you.

Robert Lamar

Karl Malassé wrote:
Hi Bernd,

I have experienced the same behavior, and I used a less annoying
work-around. Right-click TeXmacs button in the window list in - one of -
task bar and maximize it. You will see, that the bar will come
underneath the task bar. That doesn't solve your problem, but it is
useful if nobody out there have a complete solution.

Hopes it helps.

Cheers.
Karl