Re: [TeXmacs] Background images for presentations -how to?

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Background images for presentations -how to?
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 14:45:41 +0200

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 10:54:21AM +0100, Philip Welch wrote:
> For a big presentation I am about to do I'd like
> to have a background "wallpaper" image - rather than
> just a plain colour. This image I'd like to be able to
> place my text over.
>
> The whole thing I'd like to then use "switch/fold" on
> to go through the resulting "slides" for the presentation
> (possibly varying those background images on different slides).
>
> Is this at all feasible?

With the latest version of TeXmacs, yes, although no nice user-interface
has been designed yet and although you will have problems when trying
to print your slides.

Just put a command such as the following in your style file:

<assign|bg-color|<pattern|paper-ridged-light.png|*3/5|*3/5|#f0f0f0>>

In other words, you may use patterns as colours (for background,
and background of tables cells). The first parameter is the name
of a style file, the second width, the third height and the fourth
a replacement colour (also used for anti-aliasing).

Best wishes, Joris