Re: [TeXmacs] about some weird behviours

  • From: Dennis Heuer <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] about some weird behviours
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 04:15:06 +0100

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 18:01:23 +0100
Henri Lesourd <address@hidden> wrote:

> You should change the "Interparagraph separation", because "interline"
> means the space between the lines when a long line (i.e., a "paragraph")
> is wrapped thru several lines.
>

> The other thing is that the unit used (i.e., "fns", I don't know how
> exactly this one is defined) seems in effect to preclude any change.
>
> But if you use absolute units, e.g. if you input "1cm" for the
> interparagraph separation, then you will for sure obtain a change.

still i have to criticise this. shouldn't the font metrics decide at
first? i mean, changing things in the 'document' section means making
settings valid for just any following case--even if i change font or
font sizes, for example. actually, i tried this out, and it seems to
be true.

interestingly, i switched to courier left before some text in roman
and wasn't able to break the line (before the roman text) with the enter
key.

there is some general problem with the configuration as it is provided
now. at the moment, even the options outside the 'document' section are
valid for all the following, no matter if related options are selected
in turn. in other writers, the generally available options not belonging
to the default document settings are valid only at place and up to the
selection of some related option.

regards,
dennis