Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs 1.0.7 is now packaged for debian

  • From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs 1.0.7 is now packaged for debian
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:27:27 -0500

Andrea Gamba wrote:

> Ok, I got it now, I had to add also the debian unstable repositories:
>
> deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
>
> deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian experimental main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian experimental main contrib non-free

Oh nice that you figured it out. The experimental distribution in Debian is
incomplete by itself. You always need the unstable repository links to get
the necessary dependencies.

> however it crashes badly:

Do you have up to date guile libraries? What is the output of

$dpkg -l guile\*

> andrea@sita:~$ texmacs --verbose
> TeXmacs] loading ecrm11 at 300 dpi
> TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
> TeXmacs] Loading True Type font ecrm10
> Segmentation fault
>
> What can be done?

Try moving the old .TeXmacs to a different folder and start texmacs. Do you
still experience the crash?

BTW, would it be possible for you to fix your email client so that the
replies from you do not break the threads?

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/