Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs 1.0.7 is now packaged for debian

  • From: Andrea Gamba<address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs 1.0.7 is now packaged for debian
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:20:28 +0100 (CET)

>You have not answered my previous questions. What guile libs are you using?
>Are you able to get rid of the crashes by moving ~/.TeXmacs to some other
>name?

Sorry Raju I just had no time to do it.

Here are the answers to your questions:

andrea@sita:~$ dpkg -l guile\*
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Description
un guile <none> (no description available)
ii guile-1.6-libs 1.6.8-6.1ubunt Main Guile libraries
ii guile-1.8 1.8.5+1-3ubunt The GNU extension language and Scheme interp
un guile-1.8-doc <none> (no description available)
ii guile-1.8-libs 1.8.5+1-3ubunt Main Guile libraries

But, should not the .deb package itself require the correct dependencies at
the
moment of installation?

>Try moving the old .TeXmacs to a different folder and start texmacs. Do you
>still experience the crash?

yes unfortunately, a segmentation fault.

>BTW, would it be possible for you to fix your email client so that the
>replies from you do not break the threads?

I am usually replying from the texmacs-users web interface; I notice that each
time, I get an additional Re: in the subject, should I delete it? I don't
really understand how threads are taken into account by the archive, is it by
comparing the subject lines?

I have also some questions about the installation of the .deb package on
Ubuntu:

I have been trying to install texmacs on machines with AMD Athlon processors,
see here

http://packages.debian.org/experimental/editors/texmacs
http://packages.debian.org/experimental/editors/texmacs-common

that texmacs-common is provided for "all" architectures, while texmacs is
provided for "i386". May be this is part of the problem?

I started to think so because on this machine:

*-cpu
product: AMD Athlon(tm) XP
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
physical id: 4
bus info: cpu@0
version: 6.10.0
slot: Socket-A
size: 1250MHz
capacity: 3GHz
width: 32 bits
clock: 100MHz
capabilities: boot fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce
cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext
3dnow up ts

texmacs is installed with apt-get install -t experimental texmacs
texmacs-common, but it crashes at start.

On this machine instead (which is 64 bit dual core):

*-cpu
product: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4850e
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
physical id: 3
bus info: cpu@0
version: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4850e
serial: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
slot: AM2
size: 2500MHz
width: 64 bits
clock: 200MHz
capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8
apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx
mmxext fxsr_opt rdtscp x86-64 3dnowext 3dnow rep_good nopl pni cx16 lahf_lm
cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy 3dnowprefetch

I can install texmacs-common but not texmacs:

andrea@flash:~$ sudo apt-get install -t experimental texmacs texmacs-common
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

texmacs: Depends: texmacs-common (= 1:1.0.6.15-1) but 1:1.0.7-1 is to be
installed
E: Broken packages

Andrea