Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs 1.0.7 is now packaged for debian

  • From: Andrea Gamba<address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs 1.0.7 is now packaged for debian
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:08:49 +0100 (CET)

>one problem i encoutered under debian and ubuntu : when double-clicking
>on a .tm file, it doesn't use texmacs by default.
>
>If i say it has to open the .tm file with texmacs, nothing happens.
>
>Dunno if it's due to the deb package or the distribution.
>
>Regards
>
>Marc

Exactly! that is the problem I have been having with texmacs on Ubuntu during
the last 2-3 years. The .tm mime type is not recognized. The procedure to have
it recognized is more or less the one described here:

http://adrianus.wordpress.com/2007/02/07/howto-add-new-mime-types-and-icon-for-
visio-document-in-ubuntu/

By applying these instructions I succeeded several times in fixing the
problem,
but any upgrade destroyed the result.

I think that it should be the job of the .deb install script to add correctly
all the mime types and icons in the right places.

I could not yet install a functioning texmacs 1.07 from the deb, but the
problem with the mime types is exactly the one I stumbled upon for such a long
time.

Andrea