Re: [TeXmacs] help... still pb even under linux...

  • From: "El.Douwen" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] help... still pb even under linux...
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 14:11:18 +0100

hi

i would be glad installing ubuntu directly on my macintel, using something like bootcamp, and having a real linux system, but according to some mac forum the partition of the hard drive (for coexistence between mac os and linux) is very difficult

so virtual box and ubuntu 11.04 :

crash test :
------------
i create the same ggb file, i export it into eps, pdf and png
i make a texmacs document with 100 occurences of the image (so 3 different texmacs documents with 100 pictures each)

- for the eps : first, ggb does not export well to eps; secondly, when i reopen the document, all the pictures are replaced with "?" symbol
- for the pdf : i can not insert a single pdf picture: the window stays and nothing occurs
- for the png : yes ! the preview works very fine. I just had to install ghostview via synaptic; but the interface of ghostview is, according to me, ugly and not intuitive at all; i have cliked on "save all" but am unable to find the ps (i suppose) file generated, althought i have asked to have it in the same folder than the texmacs document.
can anyone advice me something better than ghostview ?

path test :
------------
i create in mac os X, in certain folder, a texmacs file, and a picture png
in the texmacs document i put a the png picture as a linked image
all is ok for the moment
i put on an usb key, then slide the folder to VB ubuntu
(only means i have found to exchange documents between host and guest under VB)
i have my folder on the dektop of ubuntu, containing the texmacs file and the picture
i open the texmacs file..
instead of the image i have "error|bad image|parameters"

that means, that if i want to take my work from mac os to VBubuntu, i can not : the images are replaced by "error bad image parameters"

so i am still without solution, except rewriting my documents from the beginning under linux
i am sure we are going to find but hours pass ...

Sacha