Re: [TeXmacs] TexMacs on a MAC OS X

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TexMacs on a MAC OS X
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 09:50:35 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 11:12 PM, Ben shimol Yehuda <address@hidden> wrote:
Export to PDF directly from TeXmacs ( comment #4) solved the printing issue

Do you have ghostscript installed?

It crashes a lot regardless of having or not having images. Crashes are less frequent with documents not having imported figures. I wish it was once in two hours, it may be once every several minutes. I work with two mac computers (my macbook pro, and a mac pro workstation). Both behave the same with TeXmacs

This is definitely very weird.

Can you please provide a way to reproduce the problem? Meaning: a document and a sequence of actions after opening it which should lead to a crash.

Once you have this, please open a bug report at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=texmacs and upload the file, describe the actions crashing TeXmacs and if possible add the MacOS crash report.

TeXmacs[16298:507679] Can’t open input server /Library/InputManagers/CTLoader

This is not a TeXmacs error message. From Transmission's bug tracker:

"CTLoader is a toolbar that Vuze installed. Follow the directions here to uninstall: http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6126_102-0.html?threadID=356498"

I do not know if this is related to something, since I have read and execute permissions to that path
other (numerous) errors are related to fonts and appear on the shell whenever I click on any key.

Try opening texmacs in setup mode: hold the option (Alt) key and double click on the icon.

An “Error messages” windows pops up with categories std and warning messages of the form
“Warning:  resynchronizing for path [ 0, 0, 1 ]” for each key
There are 6 such messages for each key press that appear also on the shell, and then
TeXmacs] debug-fonts, Try tfm ectt10.tfm
TeXmacs] debug-fonts, Try tfm cmr10.tfm

The last number in the message
“Warning:  resynchronizing for path [ 0, 0, 1 ]”
increases by 1 each key press

Please append the document causing this issue to your bug report.

So I believe this is a font issue….

It might be that the font cache is out of sync with your fonts. Maybe some were (un)installed after you run TeXmacs for the first time. Running TeXmacs setup (alt+double click) might fix this. If it doesn't, try closing TeXmacs and renaming the folder /Users/yourname/.TeXmacs to something else, then start TeXmacs in order to rebuild it.

Best,
--
Miguel de  Benito.