Re: Problem with table borders

  • From: Michael P Friedlander <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Problem with table borders
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:53:42 -0800

--On Wednesday, November 14, 2001 04:05:40 PM +0100 Joris van der Hoeven
<address@hidden> wrote:

> It seems that you have only set the bottom border of your cell.

That's right: I only want, and only set, a bottom border to the cell. The
problem is that in the postscript output, a border appears around the
*entire* cell, not just the bottom. Here's a (very small, 12k) screenshot
of the postscript output:

http://www.stanford.edu/~mpf/table.jpg

> If you want a border around your cell, then you should use
> "Border icon"->border and type 2pt RET in the footer.
> Also, the preffered unit for line widths (like borders or
> fraction bars) is "ln"; the standard table format uses 1ln
> (same width as the fraction bar).

Where are the different lengths described? "pt" is a standard unit -- what
is the meaning of 1 ln?

--Michael