Re: removing packages, pdf fonts

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: removing packages, pdf fonts
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:46:54 +0200

On Monday 01 April 2002 13:48, Adam Warner wrote:
> It's going to be a non-trivial task translating all the Type 3 fonts to
> Type 1 equivalents so they render nicely in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
> Someone (perhaps even myself) will one day achieve this. I am not aware
> of anyone currently working on this but it has been discussed here.

There have already been good work on this.

- latexpdf generate perfectly AcrobatReader kosher PDF

- there is a Python program around to convert pk (TeX) fonts to Type1
www.cs.ruu.nl/~hanwen/pktrace/

- I have been told that teTeX distributions included very good conversion
tools (to be investigated).
--

-- David --