Re: Two questions about Texmacs intricasies

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Two questions about Texmacs intricasies
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:33:59 +0100

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 03:20:37PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> A little before that, Michelle Garoche wrote:
> > 2 - For Texmacs users using the clipping feature
> >
> > Could someone describe me what this function do and how use it? (with a
> > nice little detailed example please). I'm completely out of way with
> > images handling in Texmacs in particular, and maybe out of texmacs in
> > general :-). Assume that I have no experience with ghostscript and with
> > images handling under X11R6, though I have some under Mac OS version
> > 7.5 to 10.2.2 and very few under Windows.

Simple: do not use image clipping in TeXmacs. I really do not see what
is the use of this feature... maybe it has something to do with LaTeX
compatibility.

If you want to clip an image, use an specialized tool. Personnally, I
use GIMP, which can take snapshot (restricted to X11 on OSX), perform
colorspace conversions (64 indexed colors takes less space and lose no
quality for most snapshots) and can export to PostScript.

> > 3 - For Mac OS X users
> >
> > Which software (X11 or not) but free use to make screenshots I can pass
> > into Texmacs?
>
> Doesn't electric eyes work?

It is not packaged by Fink.

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org