Re: texmacs installation problem

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: texmacs installation problem
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:40:16 +0100

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 10:16:45AM -0500, Bill Page wrote:
> Does texmacs-1.0.0.21 with guile-1.6.0 work differently
> with the older version of guile?

What is the meaning of your question?

I have tested my patch not to prevent operation with guile-1.4.1.
Joris claims it may cause problem with older versions but I was not
able to verify this yet.

> Besides remaining current, is there a good reason to prefer
> guile-1.6.0?

Better stuff.

But if your only use of GUILE is running TeXmacs, the answer is no.

> Note: Cygwin setup installed guile-1.6.0 by default and
> this of course causes problems with texmacs installation.

I plan to investigate compilation on Cygwin soon, since there seem to
be a lot of problems at the moment. That will probably lead to the
production of one more patch and an update on my website.

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org