Re: [TeXmacs] Asymptote plugin for texmacs, v0.1

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Asymptote plugin for texmacs, v0.1
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:36:36 +0200

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 10:53:36PM +0200, Yann Dirson wrote:
> Feeling quite limited by gnuplot, I have started to look to asymptote
> as a replacement. So logically I have adapted the gnuplot plugin to
> asymptote. People wishing to test it will find it at
> http://ydirson.free.fr/soft/texmacs/. It includes a small sample
> document which shows the "getting started" example from Asymptote
> manual (which is simple enough to render just fine), and a more
> complex one from the Asymptote gallery, which demonstrates that this
> plugin indeed is alpha quality, and that there is still some work to
> do on it :)
>
> Asymptote itself can be found at http://asymptote.sourceforge.net/.

I am sorry to bother you again, but on my RedHat 9.0 system, I could
neither compile asymptote from the source code (even when configuring
with the system gc), nor execute the binary version (kernel too old).
By the way, unpacking the binary version temporarily erased
my symbolically linked /usr/local (lesson: never mess around and
try to invent your own non-standard installation procedures).

So, unfortunately, I cannot test your plug-in.

Best wishes, Joris