Re: [TeXmacs] Asymptote plugin for texmacs, v0.1

  • From: "Yann Dirson" <address@hidden>
  • To: "Joris van der Hoeven" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Asymptote plugin for texmacs, v0.1
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 15:06:46 +0200 (CEST)

Joris wrote:
> I am sorry to bother you again, but on my RedHat 9.0 system, I could
> neither compile asymptote from the source code (even when configuring
> with the system gc), nor execute the binary version (kernel too old).
> By the way, unpacking the binary version temporarily erased
> my symbolically linked /usr/local (lesson: never mess around and
> try to invent your own non-standard installation procedures).

Hm, that sounds quite strange. I have just tested their static binary on
a plain RH9 without update, running kernel 2.4.20-8smp, and it just works,
as shown below. Note that I did not unpack their tarball in /, I just
created a symlink from /usr/local/share/asymptote to the unpacked data.

Sample session showing EPS text on stdout:

$ ASYMPTOTE_PSVIEWER=cat ./usr/local/bin/asy
Welcome to Asymptote version 0.89 (to view the manual, type help)
> draw(unitsquare);
%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
[...]
showpage