Re: [TeXmacs] Asymptote plugin for texmacs, v0.2 - possible bug in EPS sessions

  • From: "chu-ching huang" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Asymptote plugin for texmacs, v0.2 - possible bug in EPS sessions
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:48:45 +0800

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:01:57 +0200, Yann Dirson wrote

> - it works fine in a conventional session, provided we double the
> backslashes in embedded TeX labels, so it the problem is specific to
> new-style (M-* !) sessions
I found a bug(?) in tm_asy:
$ASY -o $TEMP_DIR/$TEMP_PS_NAME $TEMP_DIR/$TEMP_ASY_NAME
whatever the vaule of $TEMP_DIR was set, the ps file created by "asy" is
always placed in
the directory of work file being opened. And this will cause some trouble
within TeXmacs
session. Suggestion is : remove the $TEMP_DIR before $TEMP_PS_NAME above and
the last line in tm_asy.

> - even then the EPS file generated is correct, so the problem must be
> something messing with the EPS data as it is passed to TeXmacs.

Another minor inconsistence between TeXmacs and asy is:
asy allows to use TeX syntex to input math symbols, for instance: \frac{}{}
for fraction, but backslash will be ignored in TeXmacs asy session.

The compilation for Asy needs gc6.6. But you have to "make clean" after
installing and put under the asy source dir, otherwise "make" for asy will
occur the gc test error.

cchuang