Re: [TeXmacs] Announcement: TeXmacs.app for MacOS X Tiger

  • From: Magnus Rohde <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Announcement: TeXmacs.app for MacOS X Tiger
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:38:38 +0100

Hi,

I installed the TeXmacsStarter.app, but it did not start TeXmacs. I should have expected this, since I am only running Panther (10.3.9). The starter application activated X11, but then nothing more happend. The run.log says:

dyld: texmacs.bin Undefined symbols:
/Applications/TeXmacsStarter.app/Contents/Resources/TeXmacs/lib/ libguile.12.dylib undefined reference to _ftime expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

and cmd.log says:

export DISPLAY=:0.0; export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/marius:/usr/X11R6/bin:/sw/ bin:/opt/local/bin;export TEXMACS_PATH=/Applications/TeXmacsStarter.app/Contents/Resources/ TeXmacs/share/TeXmacs;export GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/Applications/TeXmacsStarter.app/Contents/Resources/ TeXmacs/share/guile/1.6;export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=:/Applications/TeXmacsStarter.app/Contents/ Resources/TeXmacs/lib;export GS_LIB=/Applications/TeXmacsStarter.app/Contents/Resources/TeXmacs/ share/ghostscript/8.50/lib;export PATH=/Applications/TeXmacsStarter.app/Contents/Resources/TeXmacs/bin:/ usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/marius;/bin/sh texmacs -V /

Normally TeXmacs runs fine in X11, it is insalled via fink, as is all the other required programs (teTeX, ghostscript etc...)

regards
Magnus