Re: [TeXmacs] Announcement: TeXmacs.app for MacOS X Tiger

  • From: Venkat Bhamidipati <address@hidden>
  • To: Peter Jung <address@hidden>
  • Cc: texmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Announcement: TeXmacs.app for MacOS X Tiger
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 04:29:28 +0000

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 12:19 +0200, Peter Jung wrote:
> To really attract a lot of mac users one ultimately would need a
> native port. I am currently considering this possibility. But I am
> not an experienced cocoa-developer, either.

I have some questions about the Mac native GUI port:
- Would it use Carbon or Cocoa - what would be preferable?
- I was reading some earlier discussions in the archives about the
porting to cross platform toolkits like QT/WX - what are the thoughts
about porting TeXmacs to QT (or any other cross platform toolkit)?
- I was looking at the code for Win32 native port - for the Mac port,
are we going to similarly define wrapper XLib as a wrapper over
Carbon/Cocoa calls?

If someone explains to me how we plan to do the GUI port, I am willing
to spend some time experimenting.

Regards,

Venkat