Re: [TeXmacs] Collaborative translation of TeXmacs

  • From: "Javier Arantegui Jimenez" <address@hidden>
  • To: "Alvaro Tejero Cantero" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Collaborative translation of TeXmacs
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:14:20 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Vie, Febrero 17, 2006 11:59, Alvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:
> I should have updated it. However, I never found the time. The current
> way to do the translation, explained somewhere in the website, is
> quite easy. It is very important to preserve a certain degree of
> consistency in the translation, so either it is a task for a single
> person or for a closely coordinated team. I'd be happy to hand this
> work over to you, at the present moment too many undone tasks populate
> my calendar to commit myself to the task.

The problem is all we have quite busy schedules and sometimes it's quite
hard to find time to do these kind of things. I think the only solution is
to find ways to ease the collaboration. Obviously some degree of quality
must be assured. I didn't check Rosetta much, but I'm quite sure that it
has mechanisms to let review the quality of translations. Although, maybe
you're right and the solution is just to form and small but active
translation team.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es