Re: [TeXmacs] another newbie question(s)

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] another newbie question(s)
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 17:14:33 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

At first i'd like to thank you for your answers; i think i'm gonna fall
in love with Texmacs ...

One question for which i couldn't find an answer in the tutorials: i
have an equation which (with Texmacs) needs two lines to be written
(although with Latex it holds on only one line). I tried with equations
(in the menu MAthematics) but couldn't do what i wanted to.

Perhaps by means of adding a <new-line> right in the middle of
the equation, you could at least obtain a nice two-line cut ?

If you need
to see what i mean i can send my .dvi file and my .tm file. I don't know
if i am allowed to do it on the subscriber's list.

Yes, it is allowed, it should even be encouraged, because
more often that not, things are difficult to describe using
only natural-language descriptions... (of course, sending
huge files to the mailing list would be unwanted, but for
the kinds of size we need for sending bug examples, this
it not at all a problem, IMHO).

One more: when i write ||A||=sup_{1<= i,j <= n}a_i,j, i get two huge
vertical lines, which looks really ugly. A solution ???

I cannot reproduce this : I don't see two huge vertical
lines, I get two vertical lines which are approximately
as high as the "A". Could you send an example for this
one, too ?